Yamaha CG-TA TransAcoustic classical nylon-string guitars transport you to new creative spaces with immersive reverb and lush chorus effects, without needing an amp or other external gear. The only nylon-string TransAcoustic model, the CG-TA has ovangkol back and sides, yielding rich, focused tone and traditional elegance. Comfortable string height and neck design offer superior playability.
- Classical body with nylon strings
- Solid spruce top
- Ovangkol back and sides
- Built-in reverb and chorus effects – no need for an amp or other external gear
An actuator installed on the inner surface of the guitar back resonates in response to the vibrations of the strings. The vibrations generated by the actuator are then transmitted to the body of the guitar and to the air in and around it, resulting in authentic reverb and chorus sounds that actually radiate from within the body.
Three simple controls adjust the effects levels and line out volume level. The small knobs occupy less space, reducing the acoustic sound loss that results from removing body wood.
(A) Chorus Control
(B) Reverb Control (Room / Hall)
(C) TA Switch / Line Out Volume Control
* Pressing the TA Switch for longer than 0.3 seconds activates the TA function.
* When a cable is connected to the Line Out jack, the volume can be adjusted by rotating knob (C).
* The reverb type switches from Room to Hall around the 12:00 position.
The battery box is integrated into the end-pin jack, requiring fewer holes in the body and thus reducing acoustic sound loss. Connect a cable from the jack to a PA or amp to use the TA instrument as an acoustic-electric guitar.