1. This Yamaha Privacy Statement relates solely to personal information supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Site.
2. Your personal information may be supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Site at the following points:
- (a) when you browse, use, participate in any activity or service on the Site or post any notice on the Site;
- (b) when you respond to other online surveys, polls, contests, lucky draws, promotions and purchases;
3. Yamaha respects the privacy of your personal information. Any personal information supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Site will be used for the following purposes only:
- (a) because it is necessary to enable you to access or use a service on the Site;
- (b) to identify you when you access and use the Site in order for you to enjoy a customised and personalised experience;
- (c) to update and enhance our records and to advise you of other products or services which may be of interest to you;
- (d) to improve the design and marketing of our range of products and services for your use;
4. The personal information supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Site may be transferred within the Yamaha group of companies in different jurisdictions. Please note also that Yamaha may use overseas facilities to process or back up its information. As a result, we transfer and store your personal information to our, our service providers? or our data processors? overseas facilities. By using this Site you consent to such transfers.
5. Your personal information will not be disclosed by us to any third party, unless we have your permission or we are under a legal obligation or duty to do so, except for disclosure to the following individuals or entities which you agree to:
- (a) other companies in the Yamaha group of companies;
- (b) government authorities or regulators;
- (c) our professional advisers, including without limitation our lawyers, accountants and auditors;
- (d) our third party service providers (including those who provide payment, administrative or other services to us in connection with the operation of the Site and/or of our business) or data processors;
- (e) any agent acting on our behalf; and
- (f) our business alliance partners.
7. The use of your personal information will be kept to the minimum required in order for us to continually monitor and improve our services to our customers and keeping you informed about our products, services and other opportunities within Yamaha.
8. In particular, we do not rent or sell your personal information to any third party (unless as part of the sale of our entire assets or sale of our business as a going concern).
9. We wish to assure you that your personal information will be treated with high standards of security. Yamaha will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you. Your personal information is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, despite the aforementioned technology and security features, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and we cannot be responsible for event arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. Yamaha will not be held responsible for events arising from third parties gaining unauthorized access to your personal information.
However, it is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of your membership user ID and password.
10. Personal information supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Site is retained by Yamaha for as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues. The personal information will subsequently be destroyed or de-identified from you unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect our interests. As a general rule the maximum retention period is seven (7) years from the date of receipt or collection by us from you.
11. Depending on where you are situated, you may have the right to request access to and correction of personal information about you held by us. If you have that right and you wish to access or have the right to ask for correct or deletion of any of your personal data held by us, or if you have any questions concerning this Yamaha Privacy Statement, please contact us Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (65) 6740-9333 Fax: (65) 6747-2688
12. We will only withhold your access to your personal information in extremely limited circumstances, such as:
- (a) where it might be dangerous if you were to have it;
- (b) where it might prejudice an investigation currently underway;
- (c) where it relates to court proceedings and may be subject to the discovery process;
- (d) where it may relate to a commercially sensitive decision-making process; or
- (e) where other individuals? personal information is contained in the same record.
13. Yamaha cannot distinguish the age of persons who access the Site. Hence, if you are under 13 years old, please obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you access the Site and submit any personal information to us. Should a parent or guardian have reason to believe that a minor has provided Yamaha with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the information is removed and unsubscribe them from any promotional contact opportunities.
14. Yamaha will also not be aware if you become resident in another country outside the Republic of Singapore and may therefore be subject to the rules and regulations of countries outside the Republic of Singapore in relation to the collection, processing, use and storage of personal information. Hence, if you are no longer resident of the Republic of Singapore, please inform Yamaha promptly by e-mailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at Blk 202 Hougang Street 21 #02-00 Singapore 503202.
15. Please note that you are given the option with respect to whether you agree to the foregoing collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information by us by choosing whether to submit the personal information or not. If you submit the personal information to us, we shall deem that as your consent and agreement to this Yamaha Privacy Statement.
16. Naturally, we offer you the ability to opt out of receiving information of our products and services at the point of collection or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Blk 202 Hougang Street 21 #02-00 Singapore 503202. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed in the case of e-mail, and 14 days in the case of a written request.
17. If you do not want us to use your personal information or to share your personal information with third parties, please e-mail us at email@example.com or please write to us at Blk 202 Hougang Street 21 #02-00 Singapore 503202
18. If you decide that you do not want Yamaha to use your personal information or to share your personal information with third parties, you understand that this may in some cases impact on the availability of services (such as the e-warranty) and the quality of services that Yamaha may provide to you and may mean that the services provided to you (if possible at all) by Yamaha may not be customised for your use, may be less user- friendly and less efficient.
19. The Site may contain links to other web sites (the "Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Yamaha and Yamaha is not responsible for any Linked Sites. You should note that any personal information that you provide to the Linked Sites are not subject to the Yamaha Privacy Statement, and we strongly recommend that you be aware of their privacy and security policies.
20. This Yamaha Privacy Statement is not intended to, nor does it, create any contractual rights whatsoever or any other legal rights, nor does it create any obligations on us in respect of any other party or on behalf of any party.
21. Yamaha reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify without prior warning or notice these Yamaha Privacy Statement. You agree that your continued use of the Site after such modification shall constitute an affirmative acknowledgement by you of the modifications and agreement by you to abide and be bound by such modifications. As such, Yamaha recommends and advises you to visit this web page to review the prevailing Yamaha Privacy Statement on the Site.